We're trying this new section out. Love it or hate it? Let us know!
Alaveteli community news
From and for the international community of Alaveteli users
Alaveteli is the open source software that anyone can use, in any country, to run an FOI site.
What the developers are working on
These user-facing improvements will come to WhatDoTheyKnow shortly, and will be rolled out to other Alaveteli sites soon:
- One-click unsubscribe from emails
- Usability tweaks including a simpler Find an Authority page
- A warning when requests reach such a length that it may be hard for authorities to understand and respond
We'll also soon be rolling out improvements to make life easier for the admins who keep the sites running, too, including:
And we've added support for Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) and newer Ruby versions up to 2.5.
- better user anonymisation functionality
- automated guesses as to which request a misdelivered email may belong to
- starting work on supporting Rails 5 in a way which allows us to add Rails 5 compatibility in parallel rather than needing to stop feature development to work on it full time