Between Oct 1, Rare Cancer (Awareness) Day and Nov 10, NET Cancer (Awareness) Day, The Colorado NETs Support Group is asking for support for Healing NET Foundation in our mission to optimize care for the NET community.
Here are their 20 reasons to support Healing NET with a $20 donation between now and November 10.
Shared by Lela Selby and Cy Ball, Colorado NETs Support Group Co-Leaders
- The Healing NET Foundation was founded by a NET expert physician and a NET patient with the common desire to educate, advocate, and communicate about NET cancer.
- The Healing NET Foundation provides resources for patients and physicians about NET cancers.
- The Healing NET Foundation provides a link to research clinical trials.
- The Healing NET Foundation holds a yearly International NET Summit for NET physicians, nurses, advanced providers, and researchers here and abroad to collaborate on best care practices.
- A NET Boot Camp was recommended at the NET Summit and will be launched in 2020 to educate providers about NET cancer.
- The NET Summit created a NET Nurse Champions professional network.
- The Healing NET Foundation NET Summit engages patient and advocate leaders to collaborate on ways physicians and patients can better communicate with each other.
- The Healing NET Foundation advocates for nutrition and other lifestyle changes to strengthen our bodies and prevent progression.
- The Healing NET Foundation created a NET Primer for Healthcare Professionals to learn the basics of NET cancer, and has just published a new SECOND edition available online or by request FREE of charge.
- The SECOND edition Primer has a new section on Carcinoid Heart Disease.
- The SECOND edition Primer has a new section on LungNETs.
- The SECOND edition Primer has a new section on Lutathera (PRRT).
- The SECOND edition Primer emphasizes that establishing trust and open communication with each care team physician is imperative to a successful NET cancer management plan.
- Patients find the NET Primer easy to read and understand, as well as their providers.
- Patients, caretakers, friends and family members learn from The Healing NET Foundation that disease management of each NET patient is complex and is best handled by a multidisciplinary team.
- The Healing NET Foundation lists local support groups (as known) on their website to help all of those in the NET community find comfort and interact with others who share common concerns.
- The Healing NET Foundation has supported patients and caregivers who have developed personal fundraisers and quests to raise awareness about NET cancer.
- Engagements with other organizations such as curetoday.com, the GI Cancer Alliance, Inspire, and other NET advocacy organizations make the NET community more visible.
- The Healing NET Foundation did an anonymized survey of U. S. NET Centers as to how they measure up to ENETS (European) standards for NET Centers of Excellence and is presenting an abstract poster on the survey at the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society’s annual symposium.
- The NET community sincerely thanks The Healing NET Foundation for their dedication to share accurate and scientific information about NET cancer.