In case you missed the memo, I opened enrollment Saturday for From Surviving to Thriving: The roadmap to eating well after a heart event so you can feel better and get back to living.
What is From Surviving to Thriving? The complete, evidence-based, step-by-step system for learning to eat in your Sweet Spot: Heart-healthy, but also satisfying and right for you, based on 16 years of my personal experience of teaching thousands of people adjusting after a heart event to do the same.
Is From Surviving to Thriving right for you?
I designed the program for people still adjusting to life after a cardiac event - usually a heart attack, stent(s), or bypass surgery.
(But if you're at elevated risk and want to address that sooner rather than later, you'll welcome to join us too! Prevention is very similar to management.)
A few more clues:
(And if this sounds like any of your friends, family, or community members, I'd be honoured for you to pass it on. Food does not have to be a source of stress.)
- Do you struggle with the conflict between what you "should" eat vs what you want to eat?
- Are you frustrated by contradictory advice from friends, family, even experts?
- Are your old habits returning, despite your best intentions?
- Do you have to compromise between the needs of family members and your health?
- Are you short on time and energy for cooking?
- Do you know what to do, but just can't seem to stay on track doing it?
Who is From Surviving to Thriving NOT for?
I honestly want every participant to be satisfied and successful, which is why I offer the 30-day money back guarantee. A few reasons I would hesitate:
- If you won't have time to do the work. Plan for about 90 minutes a week, including the videos, workbook activities, meal planning, and the live group Zoom call. (Although the videos are short and you can watch them while folding laundry or chopping veggies. Do the Zoom call on your treadmill if you like. I'm all for multitasking!)
- If weight loss is your primary goal. Our focus will be on better health, but I can't in good conscience guarantee weight loss - every body is unique! I can, however, commit to sharing tools and insights that will help you eat to reduce your risk of future heart events and enjoy the food while you're at it! That we can do.
- If you suspect that you have an eating disorder, including Binge Eating Disorder, you'd be better served by an eating disorder program or counsellor. If you aren't sure, you can use this screening tool or talk to your doctor.
- If you're thinking "just give me a meal plan and I'll follow it," this program may disappoint. Our mission is to tune into the wisdom within you, and develop eating habits that work for your unique situation.
What to do next?
Take a look at the entire program here, including the "behind the scenes" tour. If it feels right to you, make sure to enroll before the deadline - midnight this Thursday, September 23.
You'll have access to all of the material right away, and with the 30-day money-back guarantee, you pretty much can't go wrong.
If not, rest assured we'll be back to our regular blog posts and food ideas next week. (I have so many ideas! Just need time to write.)