Working from home with children is challenging. Juggling teleconferencing, writing, or trying to balance a budget while having young kids around is tricky. That’s why we’ve assembled "no-parent needed" activities to encourage independent play.
These fun activities will keep your kids entertained when you need to focus on your work—or if you just need to take a few minutes for yourself.
• Can be enjoyed by kids under six (though many are fun at any age!)
• Are quick to set up (and clean up)
• Use common household items (no special equipment!)
• Include both indoor and outdoor play options
Simply cut, fold, and glue or tape these shapes into cubes, and toss for a random activity idea.
Here are some ways you can use the dice:
• Give it to kids to play with on their own
• Join in the fun when you need a quick "body
• See if Grandma or Grandpa is game to play with
your kids over FaceTime or Zoom
Tell us: How is your family coping?
These are stressful times for many families. We’d like to hear from you: How are you doing? What are your biggest parenting challenges right now? Have you found any tips or tricks to keep kids happy and active that you’d like to share with other parents?