Hello fellow 2020 survivors!
I hope this newsletter finds you safe and healthy! It has certainly been a rough year and I suspect we are all counting the days until 2021 and crossing our fingers for a better year to come. Like many, I had such hopes for 2020. I was excited with the new release of MgM #4, had some great events planned, was loving my "day" job, and enjoying great skiing after some nice December storms. Then came COVID...and the year just went downhill after that, as seems to be the case for everyone.
Unfortunately, last April, cancer took my sweet Bella. It was fast, unexpected, and untreatable. A month later came another loss when an amazing mentor and friend passed away in a tragic accident. So, needless to say, I was not in a place to work on the next book or do much on social media. While I've never been the most consistent or regular with newsletters :) this year threw me for a loop and I dropped 'off the radar' for a while.
On the positive side, I spent the summer working hard and hiking as much as possible, with Avi (of course!) and other human and canine friends (the best socially-distanced summer activity). And one thing I am often reminded of is the importance of focusing on the positive. So, here I go:
- Avi has been doing great. After a period of clearly missing her 'sister,' she perked back up and has really come into her own.
- I was blessed to have had Bella in my life. She inspired the Mountaingirl Mysteries series, and my return to creative writing after a two-decade hiatus. Bella's memory will be kept alive in MgM!
- I am surrounded by the best family and friends a girl could ask for.
- I get to enjoy ongoing positive messages, timely encouragements, and friendly hello's from MgM readers - THANK YOU!
- I have a great job, and a new, amazing business opportunity, even though it came out of unfortunate circumstances. But I know the friend we lost last May would tell me to be excited, take it by the reigns, and go with it, so that's what I'm going to do!
- I live in Lake Tahoe!
Life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? So, that's the plan! As for MgM #5, while I've had the basic plot in mind since last fall, I was only recently able to start writing again. It felt good (albeit bittersweet)! However, my work is keeping me pretty busy these days, so it may take some time. But, it's coming...eventually.
I wish everyone health, happiness, and hope that you have some positives you can focus on this year as well. We're almost done with 2020 (good riddance!) - let's raise a glass and send positive vibes into 2021. And of course, hope for A LOT of snow this winter!
~ Jennifer & Avi (and Bella, in spirit)