What Do We Do Next?
Executive orders are difficult to fight against, as they are a unilateral move by one person. However, we are still working to share our story. You can help by:
- Contacting President Trump and the White House. Refer to this earlier email from the Coalition of Refugee Service Agencies on ways to contact them.
- Help your new American friends, clients, and family members understand what this order means. This site has explanations in English and 11 other languages to help refugees understand how this may affect them.
- Share your passion with your friends and family. President Trump believes he is doing what his supporters, and his country, most desire. Be sure your friends and family are also showing their support for #RefugeesWelcome.
- Share your voice with us. We are gathering quotes to share with media and the public. We are especially looking for former refugees, faith leaders, and business leaders who want to show their support. Send your quotes for welcoming refugees to Stephanie Ali.
- Join us at the Capitol! Our annual New Americans Celebration will be March 7. Learn more and RSVP here.
- Please consider making a donation. Any donation is helpful to these agencies at this time.
If you have any questions – or suggestions – be sure to reach out to Stephanie Jackson Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you for your continued support!