Start hydrating, um, right about now.
Feet grew? Bring your old cleats to the red tent at Victory park and swap them for ... someone else's old cleats!
Grandparents are always stopping to ask for directions to see your kids play. If you don't have a new baby, and aren't already coaching, refereeing, or managing a team, please sign up to staff the tent. Choose two hours consecutively, or two hours over the course of the season. Volunteers are also needed to paint the fields. Email email@example.com if interested.
Have you ever seen the Futboleros? Think Harlem Globetrotters, but soccer! They'll be performing from 9am-noon at Victory Park this Saturday. Also, the Galaxy Star Squad will be on hand with some games for the kids. Come a little early or stay a little after your game and check out the fun!
• If you missed the meeting, find the info packet at https://ayso13.org/team-manager/.
• Be sure to fill out a volunteer application and take the online Safe Haven and Concussion trainings at AYSOU.org.
• Now is a great time to work out snack schedules, coach companions, and bathroom buddies for practices and games.
• 6U-8U: New families often need help finding the first game. Please email or call to confirm.
• 10U and older: Put the player jersey numbers on the Team Contact List and it will fill out a printable game card for you. Print it on card stock so it doesn't get mushy in the referee's pocket.
Picture Days will be over three weekends - Sept. 21, Sept. 28, and Oct 5. Our new photographer, Lacey Wood, is hard at work going thru the game schedule to create a corresponding Picture Day schedule. Please be patient - you will soon hear from her with your team's scheduled photo time.
1. Remember to write your team's ID on the game card so they get credit. Game cards can be returned to the envelope at the tent at Victory or through the mail slot at the clubhouse.
2. Show your transcript on AYSOU to pick up uniforms this Saturday 7:15 am - 9 am or Sunday 4:30 pm - 5 pm.
3. Law changes (ppt)
Write your team name into your coach's spreadsheet. Names must be nonviolent and non-weapon-related — no “Silver Bullets.” There will be awards for the best* team names. No pressure.
* "best" is up to a very serious group of arbitrary and capricious judges
How To Lead Your Team with Barry Ritson, 3pm at the clubhouse
Region 13 Night at the Galaxy - details coming very soon
Barry Ritson, Assistant Coach of the US Women’s National Team U-23's, presents a three-part special seminar designed exclusively for Region 13 coaches. The first part, How to Lead Your Team, as a Coach and Educator, will be Sep 15 at 3 pm at the clubhouse, and the program continues with two new installments on Sep 22 and 29, timed to be while the kids are at the skills clinics.