|Summer RDA Toolkit Renewals – Look for Your Amigos Quote
Beginning in April, members with RDA subscriptions ending June 30, 2017 will begin receiving notices from American Library Association (ALA) that their RDA Toolkit subscriptions are expiring. To take advantage of the Amigos member benefit of one FREE concurrent user and a 15% discount on additional users, please disregard the messages from ALA. Read more
WE WANT YOU!!!
Do you follow us on Twitter? Like us on Facebook? If you don’t, please do! Read more
|REGISTER NOW for the Kansas Library Association-College & University Libraries (KLA-CULS) Spring Conference!
Join Danielle Dion, director of the De Paul Library at the University of Saint Mary, as she kicks off the April 27-28 KLA-CULS conference, Building the Future on Strong Foundations. Read more
Tell Us About Your Library’s Trending Technology-Speak at the Amigos Member Conference
Has your library implemented new technology or services in the past year? If so, why not tell your peers all about it at the Amigos Annual Member Conference? Read more
Coming Soon!!! Registration for Amigos Annual Member Conference
Make sure to block your calendar all day Wednesday, May 10
for our 2017 Annual Member Conference sponsored by Credo Reference. Read more
Call for Proposals-Delta Serials Conference, EXTENDED through April 1!
The Inaugural Delta Serials Conference will take place Thursday, July 27 through Friday, July 28, 2017, on Arkansas State University’s Jonesboro campus, with noted expert Jeffrey Beall as keynote. Read more
|Learn More about Films on Demand
Interested in enhancing your streaming video collection? Don’t miss Infobase’s exclusive webinar, available to Amigos members, Thursday, March 23 at 10 a.m. CDT. Read more
Save the Date! Learn how BoardDocs Helped Pioneer Library System Save Time and Money
Did you know that adopting a board management system for meetings could help your organization not only save time and money, but also become more effective for less than $3,000 per year? Read more
Duke University Press Offers Discounts
Amigos Library Services and Duke University Press are pleased to offer a 20% discount
on any new subscriptions to the 2017 e-Duke Journals Expanded collection. Read more
Spend Your Year End Dollars on Ambrose
Have end-of-year dollars to spend? Now is a great time to take advantage of a special in-perpetuity offer from Ambrose
! Read more
Alexander Street Press Launches Social Work Online
This unique collection, the first of its kind, is designed for the study of social work. Read more
It's time to try SAGE VIDEO’s Sociology and Criminology & Criminal Justice Collections
Did you know the SAGE Video Sociology
and Criminology & Criminal Justice Collections
are now live? Read more
The University of Hawai'i Press selects Project MUSE as hosting partner
Recently, The University of Hawai’i Press announced that Project MUSE will host, manage, and deliver all its journal content. Read more
|At Amigos Library Services, we are proud of the valuable opportunities we provide for ongoing training for information professionals. Here is a preview of some of our upcoming online course offerings and Know & Go’s.
Need an RDA Update?
Whether you need to know the RDA instructions for Video or Audio Recordings, or if you just need a refresher on RDA as a copy cataloger, we’ve got a class just for you. Read more
Know & Go Updates
Designed for group participation, Know & Go Updates are presented online on Monday afternoons from 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. CDT. Register today! Read more
New workshop added, don’t wait to register!
Do you struggle to keep up with the continuous flood of digital information at your disposal every day? Read more
Online Classes Coming in March, April, and May
Here’s a quick look at upcoming online classes. Classes are always being added so be sure to check out our course schedule
- Copyright 101: Helping Patrons Understand Copyright April 4-April 5, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. CDT – Seats still available! - Register Now
- Core Reference Skills April 17-April 18, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. CDT – Early bird registration ends 3/27 - Register Now
- You Can Take it with You: “Read-It-Later” Applications to Stay Informed on Your Own Time and Device(s) April 26, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. CDT – Early bird registration ends 4/4 - Register Now
- RDA for Video Recordings May 2-May 4, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. CDT- Early bird registration ends 4/10 - Register Now
- Creating a Social Media Policy May 3, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. CDT- Early bird registration ends 4/11 - Register Now
- RDA for Audio Recordings May 16-May 18, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. CDT- Early bird registration ends 4/24 - Register Now
- Reference Sources May 16-May 17, 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. CDT – Early bird registration ends 4/24 - Register Now
- RDA for Copy Catalogers May 23-May 25, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. CDT – Early bird registration ends 5/1 - Register Now
- An Overview of Digital Literacy vs. Digital Fluency: It’s No Longer Enough That You Can Get There from Here May 24, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. CDT – Early bird registration ends 5/2 - Register Now
- EAD3: the Basics (back by popular demand) May 30-June 2, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. CDT – Early bird registration ends 5/8 - Register Now
Don’t forget to email us at email@example.com, if you have a suggestion for a class topic or if you would be interested in becoming an adjunct trainer.