We have had a lovely week here in Thredbo with some beautiful Autumn weather and some lovely colder temperatures, which make it feel like Winter is just around the corner. This weekend has a lot in store with the Rare Cancers walk to Kosi and the Supertrail Scramble Gravity Series #5. Hopefully the nicer weather will hold out throughout the weekend.
Restaurant owners/managers should take a moment to look at the new Dine and Discover program which is featured in this Chamber Update as it is a great initiative and it would be great to see some businesses in town taking part in a great opportunity. Please see below for more information.
Dead Horse Gap Walking Track Closure
Please be advised that the Dead Horse Gap walking track will be closed to visitors from Friday 26th February to Thursday 1st April due to construction works.
The closure will be to ensure visitor safety while the next section of the Dead Horse Gap walking track upgrades are carried out. These upgrades will improve the quality of the walking track for visitors.
Signage will be erected at the beginning and end of the track as well as at either end of the physical construction area.
If works are completed sooner than the anticipated date then the track will reopen.
Sustainable Snowies EPA Litter Grant
As part of the Sustainable Snowies EPA Litter Grant, the Project officer Amber Gault, has set up a community survey.
If you have some time, please fill out the very short survey and provide some feedback about what you think should be done to address the issue of litter in the snowy mountains region.
* Live music at Candlelight Lodge featuring Jock from 4-7pm
* Trivia Night at the Black Bear Inn. Dinner from 6pm with Trivia starting at 8pm.
Friday the 12th of March
* Yoga at the Shed- $20.00 per person, both cash & card accepted. Classes are 1 hour with all equipment provided.
Saturday the 13th of March
* Rare Cancers Australia Kosi Challenge - The Kosi Challenge is Rare Cancers Australia biggest annual fundraiser. Now in its 9th year, the event welcomes participants from around Australia who climb Mt Kosciuszko to raise much needed funds for cancer patients.
Rare Cancers Australia Ltd (RCA) is a charity whose purpose is to improve the lives and health outcomes of Australians living with rare and less common (RLC) cancers. An estimated 52,000 people are diagnosed with RLC each year, and 25,000 will die from them. As distinct from common cancers there is very little patient support offered to RLC cancer patients. RCA works tirelessly to ensure that this cancer group will never be forgotten or ignored again
Join them on Saturday 13th March 2021 for Kosi Challenge! Take in some of Australia’s most stunning alpine countryside and help raise awareness and funds for Australians diagnosed with a rare and less common cancer.
* Cooma CMR Railway Fresh Produce Markets- The following producers have indicated their intention to attend: -Curiosity Chocolates - Eucumbene Trout Farm - Ironpot Artisan Alpine Bakery - Riverbourne Distillery - Greenhill Farm - Ingelara Ridge (local produce) - Snowy River Lavender - Wynlen House (garlic, heritage pumpkins) - Kembla Cherry Orchard - Food Matters Catering (pre-prepared meals, bakery items). The day promises to be a wonderful event.
* The Cooma Show has been ** CANCELLED**
Sunday the 14th of March
* Gravity Series Number #5- Taking on the easier sections of the Cannonball DH with a mix of the Kosciuszko Flow for round 5, the Supertrail Scramble. Racers will crush upper Cannonball Downhill before switching to the Kosciuszko Flow at Kareela Hutte. Traversing back and forth across the slopes of the Supertrail before racers switch back to the Cannonball Downhill for the next technical section, Bunny Walk. Prepare for high speed gravity all the way from here to the finish line.
* Rock the Turf Tumut - Situated alongside the beautiful Tumut River in the leafy grounds of the picturesque Racecourse, Rock The Turf is fast becoming the region’s premier event. With a full schedule of music from local and national artists and a wide array of food & beverage stalls in attendance.
* Live music at Candlelight Lodge featuring Jock. Come and soak up some amazing views and fresh air on the deck whilst listening to some great tunes from 4-7pm.
Coming up next week;
* Candlelight Live Music
* Black Bear Trivia Night
* Gravity Girls Mountain Bike Clinic
* Bombala Show
Thredbo Valley Track Update
The part of Thredbo Valley track, between Bullocks Flat and Gaden Trout Hatchery and Pallaibo walk will be closed for a 5 to 7 day window sometime between Tuesday 9 March and Thursday 1 April 2021. The closure is due to a planned hazard reduction burn.
The dates are highly dependent upon weather forecasts and other hazard burning commitments. Once the dates for the burn are confirmed a closure notice will be placed on this website for these facilities.
Keep checking the alerts page on the NPWS website as there are other closures throughout the upcoming riding season.
Candlelight lodge has live music every Thursday and Sunday afternoons from4-7pm featuring Jock. Come and enjoy a drink on the deck, listen to some great music and soak up the beautiful Thredbo scenery.
Black Bear Inn Trivia
On Thursday nights during Summer the Black Bear Inn will be hosting a Trivia night.
Dinner service will be from 6.00 - 8.00pm only.
Trivia will commence from 8.00pm.
Bookings are essential.
**EXCITING NEWS ** The Black Bear Inn will also be open this Wednesday and every following Wednesday until after Easter.
Exclusive event with NSW Minister the Hon. Victor Dominello MP
As the NSW Government begins the state-wide rollout of the Dine & Discover program, don’t miss your opportunity to hear directly from Victor Dominello, NSW Minister for Customer Service about how you and your business can get involved.
MONDAY, 15 MARCH 2021
11:30AM - 12:30PM AEDT
This webinar will be conducted via Zoom.
Registration closes 11am, 15 March 2021.