The conference will address the following key questions and challenges which concern European citizens:
The conference explores concrete examples of the divergence between the EU’s promised values of freedom and pluralism and their actual translation into practice through 7 parallel workshops:
- Why is freedom of choice a crucial issue and a challenge for the cultural development of Europe?
- How can freedom of choice be promoted and guaranteed, and what can European citizens do about it?
- Agriculture: Land Sharing and Plant Breeding
- Democracy and the Responsibility of Civil Society
- Integrative Medicine: A Way Forward for Public Health
- Public Health: Prototypes for Patient-Centred Healthcare in Europe
- Education: The Digital Dilemma – To Use or to Be Used
- People with Special Needs: Necessary Care and Support
- Citizens' Fundamental Rights: The EU Charter and its Neglected Aspects
The event will close with a plenary session, where the highlights of each workshop will be presented and ideas for engaging citizens in support of freedom of choice will be examined.
ELIANT kindly invites all participants to attend the networking
dinner at the end of the conference
ELIANT is an alliance of 10 European associations concerned with agriculture, nutrition, medicine and health, patients' rights, education, care for people with special needs, democracy and ethical economics. Founded in Brussels in 2006, it gives a voice to many innovative initiatives of applied anthroposophy in Europe.