USAID ECCN is pleased to announce a limited call for new members to its Steering Group (SG). The SG provides strategic direction for ECCN related to its annual work plan, activities and approach to accomplishing ECCN goals and objectives. It is comprised of 14-17 individual members from different categories. This limited call is designed to stagger SG renewal so that there is a continual flow of fresh ideas from new members while maintaining the institutional memory of SG members chosen during ECCN’s first call for members, in April 2015. The two year term begins in October.
ECCN members who are interested in the opportunity to influence USAID and its partners’ thought, policy and practice related to improved equitable access to education in crisis and conflict affected areas should consider joining the USAID ECCN Steering Group.
For this call, the Steering Group has openings in the following categories:
- USAID Implementing Partners (3 openings)
- USAID Staff Members (2 openings)
- Research Organizations, including universities (2 openings)
- UN Agency Representative (1 opening)
ECCN seeks Steering Group candidates who:
- Have significant and recent experience working on education programming in crisis and/or conflict-affected environments;
- Bring experience in one or more of USAID ECCN’s emerging priority areas: safe learning environments, equity in education, building the capacity of education organizations, and improving practice in the area of education program design, management, implementation and monitoring and evaluation, in crisis and conflict affected environments;
- Are willing and able to commit to a 2-year term of service;
- Are willing and able to donate up to 8 hours per month to ECCN activities and attend 2, 2-day face to face meetings in Washington DC each year as well as 2, half-day phone meetings per year.
Applications are due by July 22, 2016 and should include a current CV and cover letter, as well as a letter of recommendation from the candidate’s organization or sponsor. The selections will be announced by August 15, 2016 and selected members should be available to attend the next face to face meeting of the Steering Group scheduled in to take place October 4 and 5, 2016, in Washington DC.
Access the USAID ECCN Terms of Reference, which contains more detailed information about the roles and responsibilities of the Steering Group. Click here to email the USAID ECCN support team if you have any questions or to submit an application.