Announcing a unique funding opportunity at USAID: the Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) program. DIV is USAID’s open innovation program to test and scale breakthrough solutions to any global development challenge. DIV empowers anyone, anywhere to propose an idea at any time. As outlined below, DIV’s funding is flexible, and designed to test new ideas, take strategic risks, build evidence of what works, and advance the best solutions.
What is DIV?
DIV is another tool USAID has to catalyze and support innovative products, services or applications in development. It provides grant funding to test new ideas, take strategic risks, build evidence of what works, and advance the best solutions. Here is a link to the one-pager.
- Scope of DIV: Any organization can apply to DIV. DIV is not sector, issue, or geographically specific. It is designed to test and scale creative solutions to any global development challenge. It funds both innovations and research and evaluation of them.
- Tiered funding structure: DIV’s tiered funding is divided into three levels and seeks to fund innovations with rigorous evidence of impact, cost-effectiveness, and a clear pathway to scale and sustainability:
- Stage 1: Proof of Concept (Up to $200,000 over 3 years)
- Stage 2: Testing and Positioning for Scale ($200,000 to $1,500,000 over 3 years)
- Stage 3: Scaling ($1,500,000 to $5,000,000 over 5 years)
- Evidence grants: DIV provides grants up to $1.5 million to support research and evaluations that generate rigorous evidence of an innovation’s impact, cost-effectiveness, and potential for expansion.
- Deadlines: There are no deadlines. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
For more information about DIV and the application process, you can visit the website, learn about the innovators they’ve supported and the application process, and read the FAQs.
Should you want more information, please contact the DIV team at email@example.com.