The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site.
See you in Britannia,
As most of you have probably noticed, Publish 98 was released to TC1! There is plenty to experience in Publish 98
, so head on over to TC1 and check it out and be sure to send us any feedback
you have! Publish 98 brings the majority of our seasonal content and a new event arc for the 20th anniversary. Some of these features will not be available for testing - so please check out the notes for full details.
Once Publish 98 goes world wide, I will be giving away the houses removed from the player on Atlantic. You will find the Raffle Stone in front of the house. On TC1 I will also be placing the Raffle Stone for the three (3) Grandfather houses we will be giving away in Malas or Vesper (space permitting on the selected shard) for the 20th Anniversary. Winners will be announced at the 20th Anniversary Party in September!
I also want to let you know that our next development cycle will be shorter than usual, and instead of doing a full bump to Publish 99, we will be releasing an updated version of Publish 98 which will include our holiday rewards, updates to the Artisan Festival, Vet Rewards, and more! Keep an eye on UO.com
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
The Broken Obelisk
To celebrate Ultima Online's 20th Anniversary we are pleased to announce the next chapter in Britannia's storied history, The Broken Obelisk.
The Broken Obelisk draws inspiration from Ultima's more than three decade long history and introduces exciting new gameplay while rekindling a few fan favorites from the past The Broken Obelisk will begin in August. We want to keep the experience as organic as possible, so keep an eye on UO.com for official fiction and in game Town Criers for updates.
Question & Answer Corner
1. Why was the Consume Damage Mastery ability nerfed?
The amount of HPR and HCI that could be attained using Consume Damage was pushing pets to a level of near invulnerability. While we fully intended on increasing pet power with the Mastery Abilities released in Publish 90, the changes in Publish 97 related with Animal Training proved a major balancing concern. With these changes pet HCI is capped at 45, the same as a player, while HPR is capped at 30. Remember too that additional sources of HPR can increase this for a pet.
2. In the EC, when I have a mountable pet's healthbar up and another player mounts that pet, the healthbar remains. In the CC this doens't happen, why?
This is a bug in the EC and will be fixed in a future update.
3. Can pet damage numbers be different hues in the classic client?
This has been added to the backlog for a future update.
4. Can the star field effect in the EC be changed to the previous version where the stars at the edge weren't skewed?
Although low priority, we have added this to the backlog for a future update.
5. Can the Giant Horde Minion be added to the EC? Those of us in the EC can't see it at EM events.
We have added this to the backlog for a future update, and EMs have been instructed to not use this body type.
6. The beaded and pendant necklaces are reversed in the EC paperdoll and equipment slot, can this be fixed.
Although low priority, we have added this to the backlog for a future bug fix.
7. The height of the ruined tapestry is too high and cannot be hung properly.
Although low priority, we have added this to the backlog for a future bug fix.
8. The ring of fire/supernova/big explosion effects are very resource intensive, can this be resolved?
This requires future optimizations both client and server side, we hope to address this in a future update.
9. Can anything be done about books in the EC vs the CC?
This is a delicate issue, as there is so much history contained in those books we definitely do not want to do anything that would jeopardize that history. We are working to find the most elegant and least destructive solution to this issue and hope to release it in a future update.
10. Can we get a bigger circle of transparency in the EC?
This is something we would have to investigate.
11. Some of us experience lengthy death times in the EC, can this be fixed?
This requires additional investigation, those who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to send in a dxdiag as well as location, time, server, and a screenshot of the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Can I purchase "catch-up" months for when my account was inactive to be able to get vet rewards?
This is something we are still considering and look for additional community discussion before we make a final decision.
13. Can anything be done with old faction silver?
At this time, faction silver is decorative only. We may add it to the Cleanup Britannia system in the future.
14. Can a setting be introduced to set housing security to guild/alliance only so only my guild and alliance members can enter?
This has been added to the backlog and we hope to release it in a future update.
15. Can we get a blessed book satchel so spellbooks & runebooks do not get messed up inside our backpacks in the classic backpack container?
This has been added to our backlog, the satchel would only apply to spell and runebooks. We hope to released it in a future update.
16. How does Armor Ignore work when a creature uses it?
Creatures trigger their special moves on every swing, because of this the creature can swing at you and miss, as a result Armor Ignore will not fire. In order for the creature to actually land the special move, they need to land a successful hit.
17. Can swamp dragons be trainable via Animal Training in the future?
No, because of their reliance on armor.
1. If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support here and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.
2. All Sovereigns purchased from Origin have to be entered on the Account Management page. You can not enter these in game.
3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to email@example.com so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.
4. Anyone that does not get their codes from Origin please follow this link to resolve the issue..
5. If you have any in game questions or issues please either page in game or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. For any feedback to content put in game please send it to UO@broadsword.com.
7. Regarding Origin orders, codes, and third party resellers.
Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link:
When prompted for a product, choose Origin. Next choose your platform, and select ‘Orders’ as the topic. You can further specify your issue in the subsequent fields before speaking with an agent.
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of gametime, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.
To reset your password you must first understand which type of account you are resetting the password for. EA Accounts, Mythic Master Accounts, and Mythic Product Accounts all have separate individual passwords. All of which you can reset at your leisure at our Account Center at https://accounts.eamythic.com/. Unfortunately, Broadsword Support cannot assist with potential EA Account issues or passwords, please follow the steps below.
To reset your EA Account password:
* Please visit https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword
* At the EA.com page enter the email used to log into your EA Account to change its password.
* If you have not received your password or have received an error while trying to reset the password and you have disabled all spam filters, please contact EA Support here, https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/#?product=origin&platform=pc
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD UPDATE
To update your credit card information, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Account Center (https://accounts.eamythic.com) with your EA Account email and its password
- Select the 'Subscriptions' tab
- Locate the account you would like to update the card for
- Select the 'Subscribe' button
- Select the billing cycle you would like to use and continue
- When you get to the page asking which payment method you would like to use, instead of choosing to add a card, select the 'Manage Accounts' option in the top right corner of the page. This should load a new page that will contain your previous credit card information.
- Find the card you wish to update and select the 'X' button
- You can now re-enter your credit card with the updated information by using the 'Add a card' button.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AT THE ACCOUNT CENTER (https://accounts.eamythic.com/)
How to create an account or log into my account?
How to manage my accounts after I’ve logged into the Account Center with my EA Account credentials?
Additional support links and videos: