The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site.
It's that time of year again! As Ultima Online approaches another milestone in gaming history, celebrating 21 amazing years, the UO Team wants to extend a very special thank you to all our players for the years of continued support! Your devotion is what keeps us motivated each day to make Britannia as living and vibrant a world as ever. So again, thank you and long live UO!
If everything goes as planned we will be publishing Origin, Baja, and Izumo with Publish 101 during normal maintenance cycles for those shards on Thursday September 13, 2018. We want to extend a special thank you to all those who participated in our play sessions and provided very valuable feedback!
There were many entries for the Castle/Keep contest, and this has only served to underscore the creativity of our amazing community. These new designs will be prefabricated, so you will not be able to alter them once they are placed. The house will cost per tile such as the old prefab houses do. This is the first of many contests to come, and we fully expected this to be a fluid process as we refine best practices for future publishes. Based on feedback we will be adjusting the process for Publish 102. We are going to set up two rounds of voting to help cull the number of entries so the community can more easily assist in choosing their favorite designs. We will also be refining the teleporting process to cut down on waiting times and speed up your ability to visit each entry. As we outlined from the beginning, entries that do not meet our aesthetic and functional requirements will not be taken into consideration. We know this can be a completely subjective requirement and will do our best to try and outline some tips for future contents, as this is something we are continually evaluating as we push the limits of the community's creativity. We want to thank everyone who participated in the inaugural run of the contest and look forward to the contest for Publish 102!
For this publish we are going to add 3 of the top player voted designs and 3 designs chosen by the UO Dev Team. The selections for Publish 101 are as follows:
#1 - Canary - Keep
#2 - Dot Warner - Castle
#5 - Don Quan - Castle
#20 - Queen Elsa - Castle
#22 - MissEcho - Castle
#37 - Analaya - Castle
Congratulations to all the winners of the first contest. We look forward to seeing the next creative batch of designs!
With all the excitement around the Castle & Keep contest don't forget to check out Publish 101 which is full of exciting new content to play in the coming weeks! Read the full details about Publish 101 below and see if you are brave enough to chase the Treasures of Khaldun!
Update on actioned accounts to date:
Abuse of game mechanics 5
Distruptive Behavior 16
Naming violation 5
Unattended Macroing 39
See you in Britannia,
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Publish 101 - The Treasures of Khaldun & More!
We have been busy testing all that Publish 101 has to offer! If you haven't had a chance yet, head on over to the Publish 101 wiki page and read up on all the exciting new content coming to Britannia, some of the highlights include,
- 21st Anniversary Rewards - new collectibles including the introduction of Astronomy!
- Treasures of Khaldun - A quest, crafting, monster bashing, rewards, and stealable loot all in one! Are you brave enough to face Khal Ankur?
- Trick or Treat? New treats to be had from Britannia's shopkeepers & citizens alike!
- Jack o' Lanterns - the fields are alive again with Grimms and Butchers with all new designs!
- Skeletons - Unfortunate enough to perish? Beware of Zombie skeletons in the cemeteries!
- And much, much more!
Question & Answer
1. Can we get a countdown added to certain buffs, like those for Alacrity scrolls?
Yes, this is something we can add for a future publish.
2. Can you add dinosaur bones to the Huntmaster's Challenge?
While bones don't necessarily fit thematically with the Huntmaster's Challenge we have some updates planned in Publish 102 to the Huntmaster's Challenge, but think this would be great addition to the Valley of Eodon - look for this in a future publish!
3. Can you add rounded versions of various floor tiles to the house customization system so they fit under rounded walls?
This would be a very large art task, as those tiles would need to be hand drawn for all existing floor sets and unfortunately isn't a high priority at this time.
4. Can you add client options to improve performance such as disabling various screen effects, draw distance restrictions, and house loading options?
We are constantly looking to improve performance in both clients and providing players the ability to control visual effects based on their systems. In Publish 101 we added a toggle to disable flying animations for all flying creatures such as gargoyles and dragons. We hope to add more of these options, as well as introduce optimizations for the future.
5. Can you add additional macro functionality to the Classic Client?
This is something we are excited to release in Publish 102, especially the much requested dress/undress macro!
1. If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support here and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.
2. All Sovereigns purchased from Origin have to be entered on the Account Management page. You can not enter these in game. Please know that you can not unlink the account and link it to another account with Sovereigns on your accounts.
3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to email@example.com so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.
4. If you are having issues with your Origin purchase follow this link to resolve the issue..
5. If you have any in game questions or issues submit an in game help request for a GameMaster to contact you.
6. For any feedback to content put in game please send it to UO@broadsword.com.
7. Regarding Origin orders, codes, and third party resellers.
Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link:
When prompted for a product, choose Origin. Next choose your platform, and select ‘Orders’ as the topic. You can further specify your issue in the subsequent fields before speaking with an agent.
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of gametime, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.
To reset your password you must first understand which type of account you are resetting the password for. EA Accounts, Mythic Master Accounts, and Mythic Product Accounts all have separate individual passwords. All of which you can reset at your leisure at our Account Center at https://accounts.eamythic.com/. Unfortunately, Broadsword Support cannot assist with potential EA Account issues or passwords, please follow the steps below.
To reset your EA Account password:
* Please visit https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword
* At the EA.com page enter the email used to log into your EA Account to change its password.
* If you have not received your password or have received an error while trying to reset the password and you have disabled all spam filters, please contact EA Support here, https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/#?product=origin&platform=pc
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD UPDATE
To update your credit card information, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Account Center (https://accounts.eamythic.com) with your EA Account email and its password
- Select the 'Subscriptions' tab
- Locate the account you would like to update the card for
- Select the 'Subscribe' button
- Select the billing cycle you would like to use and continue
- When you get to the page asking which payment method you would like to use, instead of choosing to add a card, select the 'Manage Accounts' option in the top right corner of the page. This should load a new page that will contain your previous credit card information.
- Find the card you wish to update and select the 'X' button
- You can now re-enter your credit card with the updated information by using the 'Add a card' button.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AT THE ACCOUNT CENTER (https://accounts.eamythic.com/)
How to create an account or log into my account?
How to manage my accounts after I’ve logged into the Account Center with my EA Account credentials?
Additional support links and videos: