The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site.
From our Ultima Online
family to yours we wish you a very Happy Holidays!
Publish 103 is out the door and Britannians everywhere are battling Krampus and supplying the Artisan Festival elves with plenty of bulk order deeds! If you haven't checked out what's included in Publish 103, check out the publish notes
for full details!
We have some great new items in the Ultima Store
this month, including new Hair & Beard tokens and the Mythical Polymorph Totem. We are also running our "December to Dismember Sale
" on select items in the Utlima Store - so take advantage today to get some great items to customize your character!
For the past few weeks we have been working on planning our 2019 road map which lays out our plans for new Veteran Rewards, quality of life adjustments to popular systems, various bug fixes, and plenty of event arcs to keep the world feeling fresh and alive. We are targeting March for our first release of 2019. As we finalize the 2019 release schedule we will be sharing our road map to give you all a better idea of what lies ahead for Ultima Online
I would also like to address the issue posted on the UO Forums regarding the non-communication from the UO Swag Store. I spoke with the company and explained the issue described in the post. They agreed with me that this is not acceptable and would correct this for any future orders. The UO Swag Store is a third party retailer and as with all new partnerships there are always issues to work out, please be patient and email if there is ever a problem so we can see that it is addressed.
We will be continuing the castle/keep contests throughout 2019 starting with a castle only for our next contest since our last one was keeps. Stay tuned to UO.com
for the next contest start dates.
Finally, the following are actions taken on accounts that were banned or suspended:
2 - Disruptive Behavior
25 - Macroing
1 - Solicitation
5 - Duping bans
See you on the High Seas,
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Holiday Content Out Now!
Will you be valiant and challenge the trade routes while Krampus terrorizes the Britannian countryside? Great wealth comes to those who do!
If combat isn't your style, the Artisan Festival celebrates crafting in each of Britannia's governed cities and artisans are already busy working together to build their trees!
Last but certainly not least, this year's Holiday Gifts are available to all veteran account characters at least 30 days old logging in until Friday, January 4, 2019 11:59:00 PM GMT-05:00. This your chance to get some great collectibles, rares, and holiday themed items such as the wreath, holiday sign, recipe book and more!
These are limited time events so take advantage now to get your hands on some great new rewards!
Question & Answer
1. How does luck influence my character? Can I get a notification when luck has impacted my actions?
There is no universal way in which luck influences the actions of your character, so backtracking all the instances where luck plays a role and adding a message to effectively show how luck has worked is a large task outside the scope of our development goals for 2019 . However, we are working with our wiki editor to get as comprehensive a page on luck as we can in the wiki and hope to have it ready for publish soon!
2. What are some of the Quality of Life improvements we can look forward to in 2019?
We are still actively developing our roadmap for 2019, and evaluating the scope of each new feature based on our overall goals. Some of the Quality of Life improvements on the table include,
3. Can we please get a fix for the disparity between books in the EC/CC
- Fixes and balancing for various BOD issues
- A new vendor that uses house storage and charges a commission instead of a time based fee
- New security settings in house security for Guild & Alliance
This is a delicate issue that will require us to make sure we preserve the history contained within existing books while creating a streamlined book UI for the future. Look for this update in a future publish.
4. Can we revert resource randomization so that I know exactly where to find the resources I'm looking for instead of it being completely random?
We are in the process of looking at solutions to these concerns that satisfy the expectations of the community and the goals of the team in terms of balance and maximizing the user experience. We look forward to discussing this issue with the community over the coming weeks.
5. Can we get a fix for the journals in the CC so that text is easier to read?
Yes, we will be adding an option to make all text in the journal black to enhance accessibility.
6. What are some of the vet rewards that we can look forward to in the next publish?
We've got some great vet rewards coming in the next publish including a Water Wheel, Tinker's Bench, and Repair Bench - look for these on TC1 in the New Year!
1. If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support here and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.
2. All Sovereigns purchased from Origin have to be entered on the Account Management page. You can not enter these in game. Please know that you can not unlink the account and link it to another account with Sovereigns on your accounts.
3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.
4. If you are having issues with your Origin purchase follow this link to resolve the issue..
5. If you have any in game questions or issues submit an in game help request for a GameMaster to contact you.
6. For any feedback to content put in game please send it to UO@broadsword.com.
7. Regarding Origin orders, codes, and third party resellers.
Recently some of the player base may have noticed that an Origin store purchase they have made did not arrive or complete as expected. A confirmation or code email has not been received and you are wondering what may have occurred with your order. The Origin store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process, however players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin support for assistance using the below link:
When prompted for a product, choose Origin. Next choose your platform, and select ‘Orders’ as the topic. You can further specify your issue in the subsequent fields before speaking with an agent.
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of gametime, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.
To reset your password you must first understand which type of account you are resetting the password for. EA Accounts, Mythic Master Accounts, and Mythic Product Accounts all have separate individual passwords. All of which you can reset at your leisure at our Account Center at https://accounts.eamythic.com/. Unfortunately, Broadsword Support cannot assist with potential EA Account issues or passwords, please follow the steps below.
To reset your EA Account password:
* Please visit https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword
* At the EA.com page enter the email used to log into your EA Account to change its password.
* If you have not received your password or have received an error while trying to reset the password and you have disabled all spam filters, please contact EA Support here, https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/#?product=origin&platform=pc
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD UPDATE
To update your credit card information, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Account Center (https://accounts.eamythic.com) with your EA Account email and its password
- Select the 'Subscriptions' tab
- Locate the account you would like to update the card for
- Select the 'Subscribe' button
- Select the billing cycle you would like to use and continue
- When you get to the page asking which payment method you would like to use, instead of choosing to add a card, select the 'Manage Accounts' option in the top right corner of the page. This should load a new page that will contain your previous credit card information.
- Find the card you wish to update and select the 'X' button
- You can now re-enter your credit card with the updated information by using the 'Add a card' button.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AT THE ACCOUNT CENTER (https://accounts.eamythic.com/)
How to create an account or log into my account?
How to manage my accounts after I’ve logged into the Account Center with my EA Account credentials?
Additional support links and videos: