The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!
Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site.
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
We are pleased to announce we have deployed the second release of Publish 108 to TC1! This release includes a major update to the IDOC system. We have come up with what we think will be a fair and just system for everyone. If you haven't checked out what was included in the first release we invite you to check out the vet rewards, Ultima Store Items, PvP combat updates and more listed in the publish notes
. After listening to feedback we have come up with what we think will be a fair and just system for everyone. We have accelerated the house decay process and put a production shard backup on TC1 for testing the following changes. Please note the accelerated decay process only applies to TC1
Test Center Specific Notes: For the purposes of efficient testing, the decay cycle has been sped up on Test Center only. This is not representative of how the decay cycle timing will work on production. Decay cycle timing will remain as it is now on production for Origin etc. and WW release. As of TC1 being published with the latest update, it will take approximately 9 hours before houses begin to fall on TC1. See the notes above on how to identify the location of these structures and how that process will play out.
- Information regarding the whereabouts of structures that are in danger of collapsing can be obtained by visiting City Trade Ministers. City Trade ministers will bark this information when approaching, similar to how Krampus' location is relayed.
- Condemned houses will go through six stages of decay which will take at least five days,
- Like New -> Slightly Worn -> Somewhat Worn -> Fairly Worn -> Greatly Worn -> In Danger of Collapsing
- When a house goes into the condemned status the house will become private and all access will be removed. Friend and Co-owner lists will be cleared.
- Houses with rental vendors will become OSI owned and have to go through a cycle for the second time to notify vendor owners.
- The house collapse timer will appear on the house sign as it nears the "In Danger of Collapsing" stage. This timer will indicate how long until the house collapses.
- When the house drops the housing area will be fenced off while the contents of the house are packed into barrels within the housing area. No players or pets will be able to enter the fenced area while the contents are being packed. Players may not teleport into the fenced area while the contents are being packed.
- Once all contents have been packed away players will be able to punch their way into the housing area for a chance to break into the barrels. Barrels can only be attacked by non-Endless Journey Accounts and players must be unarmed. Unarmed damage is the only damage that will break barrels.
- Players may not damage barrels unless they can hold 50 items and 100 stones in their backpack.
- Mounts and Pets are restricted from this area. Barrels will remain until attacked or next server maintenance.
We thank you for testing and look forward to your feedback
We would like to invite you to our Dev Meet and Greets for the month of March,
Monday, March 16th, Napa Valley @ 9pm ET
Monday, March 30th, Drachenfels @ 2pm ET
The following are actions taken on accounts that were banned or suspended during the month of December:
36 - Macroing
10 - Solicitation
31 - Multiboxing
8 - Disruptive Behavior
2 - Naming Violation
See you in Britannia,
New Ultima Store Items
Dungeon Set, Wine Rack, and Garden Sculpture!
Question & Answer
1. Battle chickens skills reset when they go in the coop, is this is working as intended?
Originally we responded to a player during a Meet & Greet that this was, in fact, working as intended. Upon further investigation we discovered this is not the case. We have it written up in our bug tracking to revisit this issue, including adding a confirmation gump for adding chickens to the coop.
2. I would like new animals to be added to the list of zoo collection.
This is something we are going to do when we revamp the Zoo Collection. We want to add a little more space in the Zoo so it can house all the new animals.
3. Is the enchanted wheelbarrow influenced by luck?
Luck does not have any influence when it comes to the enchanted wheelbarrow. To read more about luck, visit the UO Wiki page on Luck.
4. Do you plan to update the “useless” skills like taste ID etc?
When we add any new or updated features to the game we always consider if it makes sense to update and make the less used skills valuable again. You may have noticed, especially in quest related actions, that we try to utilize investigatory skills like Forensic ID as often as we can.
ACCOUNT RECOVERY VERIFICATION
For the billing support at firstname.lastname@example.org to sufficiently verify ownership of an account you wish to recover, information that is currently set on the account has to be verified. Please note that account recovery requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
If a secret word is saved on the desired account(s), we will be happy to provide the secret word hint(s).
Accounts that have been closed within the last year require the secret word and 2 pieces of information.
Accounts that have been closed for more than a year require only the secret word, if a secret word is not set then 4 pieces of information are required.
Information used for verification are as follows:
ACCOUNT RECOVERY AND GENERAL ACCOUNT, BILLING OR TECHNICAL RELATED ISSUE
- Account name
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Key codes
- Payment information (CC)
- Date account was open/closed
To recover an account, please email email@example.com so that the Billing Support has a ticket in the system. Keep an eye out for the automated reply requesting account verification for the Billing Support Team to assist further.
• How to create an account or log into my account?
• How to manage my accounts after I’ve logged into the Account Center?
To reset your password you must first understand which type of account you are resetting the password for.
EA Accounts, Mythic Master Accounts, and Mythic Product / Game Accounts all have separate individual passwords. All of which you can reset at our Account Center at https://accounts.eamythic.com/.
• To reset your EA Account password:
* Please visit https://signin.ea.com/p/web/resetPassword
* At the EA page enter the email used to log into your EA Account to change its password.
* If you have not received your password or have received an error while trying to reset the password and you have disabled all spam filters, please contact EA Support here.
If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back, please contact the Dispute Team from the email associated with the account at firstname.lastname@example.org for further investigation and a possible one-time reprieve.
For in-game issues or question, please submit an in-game help request for a Game Master to contact you.
To submit your suggestions and feedback regarding game content, mechanics, or design, please send them to UO@broadsword.com.
EA ORIGIN - ORDERS, CODES, AND THIRD PARTY RESELLERS
Sovereigns Coin Codes purchased from EA Origin have to be redeemed on the Account Center; you cannot enter these in game.
Sovereign Coin Codes that have been redeemed are bound to the EA Account they were redeemed on and are only usable by the accounts linked with that EA Account; Sovereign Coin currency may not be transferred.
If you are having issues with your EA Origin purchase, follow this link to resolve the issue.
CODE PURCHASE DELAY
You may have noticed that Origin Store purchases made did not arrived as expected. The Origin Store enacts reviews on all transactions to safeguard against fraudulent purchases, and these reviews may take up to 72 hours. Unfortunately our Billing department is not able to expedite or circumvent this process. However, players who have questions or concerns regarding a store purchase can contact Origin Support for assistance using the below steps:
1) Go here, https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc
2) Select topic* - select Orders
3) Select issue*
4) Click on "Select contact option"
5) Sign in with your EA Account or click on "Get help from an advisor without logging in." if you're having trouble signing in.
THIRD PARTY RESELLERS
We would also like to reiterate that the Origin store is the only guaranteed provider of codes for Ultima Online. The validity of a code purchased from a third-party seller (be it a friend, in-game acquaintance, or recommended site) cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, any codes we find to have be fraudulently obtained will be disabled and an account that applies any of these codes will have that code removed from said account. This can result in the loss of game time, character slots, expansion access, Sovereigns (and the items purchased with them), in-game items and more. Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.