Dear BHS PTO Community,
Whether you are a parent or educator or both, we know that this letter reaches you at a moment of extreme exhaustion. It has been a year unlike any prior, with many challenges and moments of depletion. We write to say thank you for your continued partnership despite all difficulties, and congratulations on having achieved some amazing things during the academic year that now draws to a close.
As members of the BHS PTO, you have helped us to accomplish the following:
- Nearly $10,000 worth of items purchased for educators via last summer’s Amazon Wishlist;
- Over $10,000 worth of equipment granted to educators to supplement their existing equipment as needs constantly changed with pivots to remote, hybrid, and in-person pedagogy;
- Several wonderful teacher appreciation efforts, including breakfasts, coffees, a “Card My Yard” and a gift-card lottery;
- Amazing, emotional, celebratory end-of-year experiences in honor of the Class of 2021;
- Over $40,000 granted to educators to enhance next year’s educational program - which covered more than half the funds requested. See below for ways to help make up the difference!
None of this would have been successful without the generous donations of time, talents, and funds from you, the members of the BHS PTO. THANK YOU.
We are looking forward to a restful summer, and we have much to anticipate in the coming year, including the completion of two phases of the BHS Expansion Project. During the summer, we hope to set our educators up for success by conducting our third annual Amazon Wishlist project, which supplements the grant cycle we just completed by providing an opportunity for community members to donate in-kind. Please watch your email in the coming weeks for a list of items requested by educators, and consider purchasing one or more - the items will be sent directly to the educators who requested them and will be put to use in September or earlier! Thank you in advance for your participation, and please email the PTO Co-Presidents with any questions.
We are grateful to all of the outgoing members of the BHS PTO Executive Board, and especially Jennifer Hunt who completes her three-year term as Co-President this year. Jennifer has been an incredible leader, and we’re so grateful that she’ll continue on the Board in the role of Athletics Representative. We’re also delighted to announce that Carin Aquiline will join the team as the newest Co-President - welcome aboard, Carin!
We wish you all the best for a wonderful summer, and look forward to continuing our work together next year. And please don’t forget the Amazon Wishlist!
All our best,
Jennie & Jamie
On behalf of BHS PTO Co-Presidents,
Jamie Glanton Costello, & Jennie Roffman