More & more people are coming to me for help, almost desperately, because they are feeling an internal shift and are wanting to re-invent and re-brand themselves professionally. I love to help these people work through such an incredible process because I have gone through it myself.
This internal shift is a call, a wake-up call, to find one’s soul purpose, and while it is a beautiful time it can also be very confusing, scary, and even physically challenging.
Over the last couple of weeks we have been presenting readers with “symptoms” of the Awakening in order to raise awareness about a phenomenom that many of us are experiencing but have yet to understand. You can check out more symptoms below.
22. Heart palpitations. A racing heart usually accompanies a heart opening. It only lasts for a few moments and means that the heart is re-balancing itself after an emotional release.
23. Faster hair and nail growth. More protein is being used in the body. Women will find that they are needing to touch up their roots MUCH more frequently, and guitar players can expect to have to trim fingernails every couple of days!
24. Changes in weight. We often gain weight because many fears we have suppressed are now coming up to the surface to be healed. We react by building up a defense. We also attempt to ground ourselves or provide bulk against increasing frequencies in our bodies. It is helpful to know that the weight gain is temporary and we will release the weight after all fears have been integrated.
25. Changing sleep patterns: restlessness, hot feet, waking up two or three times a night. It is often common to feel tired after waking up, and then to feel sleepy off and on during the day. There is something called the Triad Sleep Pattern that occurs for many: we sleep for about 2-3 hours, wake up, go back to sleep for another couple of hours, wake again, and go back to sleep again. For others, the sleep requirements have changed. We can get by on less sleep.
26. Activity at the crown of the head: Tingling, itching, prickly, crawling sensations along the scalp and/or down the spine. A sense of energy vibrating on top of the head, as if energy is erupting from the head in a shower. Also the sensation of energy pouring in through the crown, described as “sprinkles”. This may also be experienced as pressure on the crown, as if someone is pushing his/her finger into the center of your head. This is the opening of the crown chakra. The sensations mean that we are opening up to receive divine energy.
27. Sudden waves of emotion. Crying at the drop of a hat. Feeling suddenly angry or sad with little provocation. Or inexplicably depressed. Then very happy. Emotional roller coaster. There is often a pressure or sense of emotions congested in the heart chakra (the middle of the chest). This is not to be confused with the heart, which is located to the left of the heart chakra. Old “issues” seem to be coming up, and the people with whom you need to work it out (or their clones) appear in your life. Memories surface. Body memories, suppressed memories, images of past lives and/or parallel lives. We are healing and integrating all our “selves”, so expect to have some of these experiences.
28. Changes in eating habits: Strange cravings and odd food choices. Some find they are not as hungry as they used to be. Or hungrier. Food intolerances, allergies you never had before. As we grow more spiritual, we are more sensitive to everything around us. The body tells us what it can no longer tolerate, as if it, too, is sloughing off what doesn’t serve it anymore. We might be cleansing ourselves of toxins.
29. Physically manifesting thoughts and desires more quickly and efficiently. We sense that we are “getting it” quite readily,and we begin moving through learning and personal issues at a rapid pace.
30. Vivid dreams. Sometimes the dreams are so real that we wake up confused. We may even have lucid dreams in which we know we are dreaming and are in control. Many dreams may be mystical or carry messages for us. And in some dreams, we just know that we are not “dreaming” — that what is happening is somehow real.
31. A range of physical manifestations: Headaches, backaches, neck pains, flu-like symptoms (this is called vibrational flu), digestive problems, muscular spasms or cramps, racing heartbeat, chest pains, changes in sexual desire, numbness or pain in the limbs, and involuntary vocalizations or bodily movements. Some of us have even had old conditions from childhood reappear briefly for healing.
32. Looking younger. Yay! As we clear emotional issues and release limiting beliefs and heavy baggage from the past, we are actually lighter. Our frequency is higher. We love ourselves and life more. We begin to resemble the perfect versions of ourselves that we really are.