What is the Awakening and what does the full moon have to do with it?
Many adults are Awakening right now. The topic of the Awakening is also near and dear to my heart, and one that we started to explore in my last blog post.
It’s also an important subject matter to explore because mass amounts of humans will be Awakening in the very near future, and these people may be frightened and confused by the emotional and physical symptoms that often manifest during this process.(see symptoms 1-11)
The Awakening is actually a miraculous phenomenon, and brings with it an opportunity to begin a positive transformation and to step onto the path towards enlightenment.
Here’s where the full moon comes in, and I encourage parents to keep reading.
Enlightenment involves the actual process of bringing light into the physical body, and light is energy. Many of the Awakening Ones, because of this process, become extremely sensitive to energy, whether they know it or not or like it or not. You can’t really ignore light, right?
People sense energy in different ways. For example, I can actually see energy. All people can, but most just don’t realize it or don’t pay attention to it, so this psychic sense is not nurtured. The ability to see energy is a very useful and beautiful gift, once we learn to manage the visions and can control what we see and what we choose to shield ourselves from. Think Casper ;)…
When we start to see energy, we really begin to pay attention to all sources of light, particularly the sun, the moon, and yes the stars. When we walk outside, we can see how the energy pours out from the sun and how the different frequencies enter every person, animal, and plant that is touched. We marvel at how everyone’s aura is lit up just after sunset, AND we can see the extra light energy that the moon reflects back into our bodies when she is big and bright in the sky.
From a practical standpoint, we can work with the energy of the lunar cycles to make our everyday lives easier. Two weeks ago I wrote about the quiet magic of the new moon phase, and now I find myself on the opposite side of the spectrum in full expansion mode. I’m writing this entry at 4am this morning, because the light energies of the setting moon, streaming through my window, quite naturally woke me and nudged me to start writing.
The full moon is the time to bang out projects at work and to dive into creative hobbies outside of the jobs that keep food on the table. For professional consultants or coaches, now is the time to really tap into the flowing energies of clients and launch new initiatives. On the client side, this is when one can nudge vendors to step up efforts and hit deadlines.
As adults, we can be very aware of the incoming energies and allow our children extra time outside today and tomorrow (even a few days from now) to run off the extra frequencies coming into their bodies. Children who have been given the diagnosis of ADD, hyperactivity disorder or autism should definitely get more nature time today in order to ground the incoming energies into the Earth. ** On a personal note, I would argue that these children are much more sensitive to energies than most adults, and therefore are more enlightened :)
For the modern-day mystics out there, this full moon is quite unique. You can learn more about it here:
12. A desire to find your soulmate ortwin flame. More than ever before, the idea that we can have a relationship that matches who we are seems more desirable. The truth is, we have to be the kind of person we want to attract. We have to love ourselves and where we are right now before we can attract a more “perfect” mate. The work begins at home. We start to focus on cleaning up our own life and being the kind of person we want to be. We learn to be happy now and enjoy life as it is. Then we wait to see who the Universe puts in front of us…..
13. Harmony with seasons and cycles: We start to become more tuned to the seasons, the phases of the moon and natural cycles. We have more awareness of our place in the natural world. We have a stronger connection to the earth.
14. Feeling closer to animals and plants. To some Awakening Ones, animals now seem to be more “human” in their behavior. Wild animals are less afraid. Plants respond to our love and attention more than ever. Some may even have messages for us when we listen from our heart center rather than from our ears.
15. A sense of Oneness with all. We have a direct experience of this Wholeness. Transcendent awareness. Being flooded with compassion and love for all life. Compassionate detachment or unconditional love for all is what lifts us up to higher levels of consciousness and joy.
16. Dizziness, falling, having accidents, breaking bones. This occurs when we are ungrounded, often when we have just cleared a big emotional issue and the body is adjusting to a “lighter” state. Or, the body may be communicating a need to slow down, to examine certain aspects of life, or to heal certain issues. There is ALWAYS a message.
This is when we learn the importance of connecting with the earth. We learn to stay grounded by taking shoes off and putting our feet in the grass or sand. We are pulled, sometimes against the will of our busy schedules, to get out in nature and feel the earth beneath our feet. Most importantly, we learn to feel our feelings, as they are messages for guidance, and to be present.
17. Recurring numbers, portents, visions, “illusions”, symbols: We start seeing things that have spiritual importance, and once we notice, the floodgates open. We notice how numbers appear synchronistically in our awareness. Everything has a message when we take the time to look. Synchronistic events tell us if we are heading in the right direction or making the correct choices. Spirit uses synchronicity to communicate to us. When we honor these clues, we begin to experience daily miracles.
18 Electrical and mechanical malfunctions: Awakening brings lots of light energy into the physical body, hence the term “enlightenment”. It is not surprising then that lights around us may flicker, computers around us may lock up, and our cars may refuse to start. Sigh....
19. Increased intuitive abilities and altered states of consciousness: We think of someone and immediately hear from them. More and more synchronicities occur. We have sudden insights about patterns or events from the past. There is intensified sensitivity and knowing, and we may experience psychic phenomena such as clairvoyance, out-of-body experiences, and awareness of the thoughts of others.
20. Left-brain fogginess. Our psychic abilities, our intuitive knowing, our feeling and compassion, our ability to experience the body, our visioning, and our expressiveness all emanate from the right brain. In order for this side of the brain to develop more fully, the left brain must shut down a little bit.
Normally the left-hemisphere’s capacity for order, organization, structure, linear sequencing, analysis, evaluation, precision, focus, problem-solving, and mathematics dominate our often less-valued right brain. Results from the left brain taking a break are memory lapses, placing words in the wrong sequence, inability or no desire to read for very long, inability to focus; forgetting what you are just about to say; impatience with linear forms of communication (audio or written formats); a feeling of spaciness, being scattered; losing interest in research or complex information; feeling bombarded with words and talk and information; and a reluctance to write. Sometimes we feel dull and have no interest in analysis, lively intellectual discussion, or investigation.
On the other hand, we might find ourselves drawn to the arts: beautiful photos, movies, music, sculpting, painting, being with people, dancing, gardening, walking, and other kinesthetic forms of expression. We may search for spiritual content, even science fiction.
21. Increased integrity: We realize that it is time to seek and speak our truth. It suddenly seems important to become more authentic, and we may have to say “no” to people we have tried to please in the past. We may find it intolerable to stay in a marriage or job or place that doesn’t support who we are. We also find that there is nowhere to hide, and no secrets to keep anymore. Honesty becomes important in all relationships.
There are many more symptoms to share, so please watch your inbox for my upcoming newsletters.
If you think you are Awakening and want support, you are always free to message me or you may join the support group.
For more information on
& wellness retreats...