Baltimore County Public Library Supports Small Business and Entrepreneurs
We understand that the impact of COVID-19 has resulted in broad changes and steep challenges to how you work and conduct business. At the library, we, too, are adjusting to a new way of supporting small business and entrepreneur communities and sharing information critical to your success. We are working to ensure our resources and services are still available to you.
Take advantage of our My Librarian for Small Business. Get one-on-one business assistance in a free hour long session with one of our librarians. Meet with us online or over the telephone. Complete this form to request an appointment.
Specialized online resources with authoritative business and financial information can be accessed from home or work with your library card. Our top picks for entrepreneurs and business:
- ReferenceUSA: For market research, competitive analysis and sales lead-list generation. Search listings of U.S. and Canadian businesses by location, including contact information, employee size, sales volume or business type. The consumer database includes demographics and lifestyle attributes.
- Legal Forms Library: Includes Maryland business, personal, real estate and general legal forms.
- Lynda.com: Unlimited training on a wide variety of topics including business skills and software, web design and development, music and audio, photography, video editing and animation.
- Cisco Networking Academy: Self-paced online curriculum with assessments, case studies, games and simulations for entrepreneurs.
- Standard and Poor’s NetAdvantage: Presents investment information on stocks, bonds and mutual funds, plus company profiles, industry surveys and financial forecasts.
- Value Line: Source of information and advice on approximately 1,700 stocks, more than 90 industries, the stock market and the economy.
Browse our collection of books for small business and entrepreneurs. Read to learn, with books about business tax strategies or search engine optimization...or read to become inspired, with titles about ideas for side hustles and entrepreneurial success stories. Search our catalog to view the complete collection.
COVID-19 Business and Worker Assistance
Baltimore County’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development has compiled a list of resources and initiatives at the county, state and federal levels which help you. From information about financial relief packages to applying for essential business status, review the available options to see what meets your needs. Unsure where to begin? Use the Maryland Business Relief Wizard tool to easily assess for which state or federal help you and your business might qualify.