HEO Feature – NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD)
I was blown away by my recent visit to NYU’s campus in the remarkable city of Abu Dhabi. For those of you who don’t know, Abu Dhabi is an international city of great diversity with a population of approximately 1.5 million. International residents from 150 countries make up approximately 80% of the population with Emiratis as the remaining 20%, making it one of the most global cities on the planet.
It is no surprise then that NYUAD is probably the most global institution of higher education in the world. Students are from over 100 different countries, speaking over 100 different languages and representing cultures and ideas from all over the world. Like NYU’s campus in New York City, NYUAD is a degree-granting campus offering a four-year undergraduate curriculum that includes opportunities to study around the world at locations on six continents. Classes are small (around 15 students on average) and the quality of resources is staggering.
With heavy funding from the government of the UAE, generous scholarships are abundant, attracting the brightest of students from around the world. For those who feel skeptical about its location and troubled past, I urge you to take the courage to look at NYUAD as a serious contender – you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find.
For more information, please look at:
- Susie Blomfield