It has been a big year in the strata energy and sustainability space, witnessing the launch of NABERS for Apartment Buildings and Wattblock customer, Generation W, taking out the environmental award at the Strata Community Association awards. Wattblock would like to thank all our customers, partners, investors, employees & contractors who have assisted us. It is much appreciated.
North Sydney Council
Wattblock has been appointed as consultant for North Sydney Council's Futureproofing Apartments
program in 2019. If you know of any strata schemes in the North Sydney area who would like to participate and receive a free energy report, they need to register here
before 31st January. Be quick, it is limited to 30 strata buildings!
Congratulations to Blackwattle Mews
. This week their Owners unanimously passed a resolution to proceed with an embedded network retrofit and 34kW solar system, a first in NSW. Thanks to the City of Sydney for supporting the project.
Wattblock has been working intensively on machine learning for 8 months now. This includes completing training on DataRobot, allowing us to run 44 different machine learning models over electricity meter data from residential strata buildings. Contact us if you would like to pilot machine learning in your organisation.
Wattblock Team Update
Solar Engineer Wilson Huang is finishing up on the 12th January and has provided great assistance to us over the past 8 months. We wish him a safe trip back to China. Thanks to "Real Skills Education" interns Chelsea Hampton, Michael Peterson, Jia Dinh Lim and Araz Rafique for working on our machine learning project. Thanks to our marketing interns Atika Benedikta, Zoe Gao and Jingyi Wang from UNSW communications. Thanks to Aaron Richardson from Griffith University, who did a deep dive analysis on a large apartment complex in Brisbane and Isheeta Sinha from UNSW computer science/electrical engineering.
Other Wattblock Activities
- Presented on "Tech Solutions to Benefit your Building" and "Solar & Batteries for Apartment Buildings" for North Sydney Council events
- Ross McIntyre spoke on electric vehicle charging at the Smart Buildings Summit and with Greenstrata for City of Sydney & Waverley Councils
- Wilson Huang manned an information booth with North Sydney council to provide expert advice on solar to local residents
- Met with VRT systems
- Attended Mike Roberts Solar on Apartment Buildings PhD thesis presentation at UNSW
- Celebrated the success of Blackwattle Solar with the strata committee
- Engaged with ARENA
- Attended the NABERS for Apartment Buildings stakeholder workshop
- Invited to UNSW industry appreciation drinks
- End of year Christmas party at the Coogee Pavillion!