Dear Year 13 Students and Parents
With just over a week left until the Christmas holidays and a very full-on term almost behind us, we thought it would be timely and helpful to draw your attention to some critical deadlines and information regarding your university applications.
Please take the time to read through the following information carefully - none of this will be new or unfamiliar to you, but it is important that you are all fully aware of the university application timeline, so that everything proceeds smoothly over the coming months.
As you are all aware and can see from the timeline which was implemented last year, the internal deadlines for all UK, US and HK applications have now passed. However, with the unprecedented situation that has gripped Hong Kong for the past few months, we are giving some flexibility to this timeline and have extended these deadlines as follows:
NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE: FRIDAY 6 DECEMBER 2019
- ALL UCAS applications must be paid for and submitted by Friday 6 December at the latest. (Note: these do not go directly to UCAS at this point. They will be checked by the HE Counsellors and sent to UCAS once they are fully complete).
- ALL US application portals (Common App and direct university portals) must be set up and synced with Bridge U by Friday 6 December at the latest. This will allow the HEO to submit all supporting documentation by the end of term. Students can work on their essays and completing their part of the applications over the Christmas holidays if necessary and submit by the Wednesday 1 January 2020 deadline.
- ALL HKU, CUHK, HKUST, and City U applications must be paid for and submitted by Friday 6 December. Applications for Baptist U, PolyU and Lingnan can be submitted after the Christmas break.
- MOST Canadian applications have now been submitted by the competitive deadline. Please check that all supplementary materials (essays, interviews, portfolio, etc) are completed and submitted by the required deadline. All other courses with later application deadlines can be submitted after Christmas.
- All Early bird deadlines for Dutch universities have now passed. ALL other European university applications can be submitted after Christmas depending on individual application deadlines.
- Please note that if these deadlines are not met, it may not be possible to submit your transcripts, letters of recommendation and any other documentation to support your university applications.
REMINDER: No supporting documents will be submitted by the HEO from Saturday 14 December 2019 to Sunday 5 January 2020.
However, on a positive note this means that all students and parents can have a restful and enjoyable break over the Christmas holidays knowing that their university applications are safely submitted.
Wishing you all a wonderful festive season and look forward to seeing your university applications safely submitted and the offers rolling in.
All best wishes
Ms Blomfield & Mrs Jackson