Case Study by Eleanor Shakiba
Write attention grabbing blog posts
Are you super keen to get more subscribers to your blog? Well, don’t rush straight to your computer. “Why?” I hear you ask. Because slowing down now just might speed up your success. Heather is a great example of how this works. She believed that blogging simply meant writing whatever came to her head. The problem was, this tactic didn’t seem to be building her subscriber list. A quick review of her blog posts revealed why. Her writing was haphazard. There was no predictability at all about what topics she was likely to cover. This meant her blog had no theme. Which of course, made it hard to sell.
To solve this problem, Heather had to stop rushing. Instead of going straight action mode, she needed to plan. This involved:
- Assessing what her ideal subscriber would find interesting to read about
- Developing a well-structured sequence for her articles
- Researching and investigating the content of her articles
- Writing in a format that would suit her target audience
- Finding appealing graphics to capture attention and get people clicking on her posts
At first Heather thought all this planning would be energy-consuming and time-wasting. But it didn’t take long for her to find that planning speeds up writing. And, an added benefit was that the more she planned the more readership she gained. If you want to be successful a building your personal brand, you too, need to slow down to speed up.